Upgrade Manager with 8.1

As far as I’m concerned, this is a no go…I don’t know why I might add…but from what I understand you cannot use Upgradge Manager with 8.1. What I was wondering is, is this true or is this just the official line? I.e. is there ways and means to get it working? I don’t actually know why you can’t use UM with 8.1, perhaps someone could shed some light?

I’ve installed upgrade manager and connected to our 8.1 and 8.4.1 environments in the hope that it just might work, connection works, loading of reports works, but when I’ve come to assign prompts to some reports (whose status is prompt values missing), it returns a HTTP Status 500 error along with:
RSV-CM-0005 Content Manager did not return an object for the requested search path
and:
RSV-SRV-0042 Trace back:1

Now reports without any prompts appear to validate which suggests it might work to a degree?

So perhaps the prompt bit is just something I need to tweak in someway or perhaps even something wrong with the reports? Can anyone offer some suggestions?

From what I can see, it actually looks consistent.

I’ve compared the failures within UM with validating direct from 8.1 and the errors are consistent.

The only thing I cannot get working is manually setting prompts which returns the HTTP 500 error…

hi,

can you tell more about your security of this configuration?

In might be due to the end user’s Windows username and password are not trusted by the website.

Try either:

1. Modify the IIS webserver to use anonymous authentication
  2. Or on the client PC, modify the settings for the Internet Explorer zone (for example ‘trusted zone’) that Cognos connection is located inside. Ensure that “Prompt for user name and password” is selected.

hope it helps