Reagrding index services

Hi,

I am installing the cognos 10.1.1 environment. I have 6 instance of dispatcher services(3 instances in one Linux application server and other 3 in another Linux application server) & two instances of Content Manager (one primary & one standby)

In all my Dispatcher instances the following three services are enabled

1. Index data service enabled true
  2. Index search service enabled true
  3. Index update service enabled true.

Do I need to keep all the above services true in all the dispatcher instances?

Thanks in advance
Saj

Yes, all those services needs to run, but make sure it runs only on single dispatcher (if you have more then one), otherwise it mess up your index rebuild process, which I experienced here in a past.

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply…

i have five instance of dispatcher in our environment. So i need to enable the following three services in only one dispatcher …and in all other dispatcher the following services should be false. is that correct?

1. Index data service enabled true
  2. Index search service enabled true
  3. Index update service enabled true.

Also do we need to do any other setting while using the index search in distributed environment? Have you find any difficulties while using it in PROD?

Thanks
Saj

That is correct, only single dispatcher should be handled Indexing, otherwise service won’t work properly at all. I don’t remember other changes in order indexing to start working on my PROD environment. The most difficulty was to start it with original C10 release back in 2010, but after few upgrades, I feel that Indexing became more mature and reliable. Good luck!