List report (EXCEL o/p) modifications

hi guys,
i’m here again with another requirement, please don’t think that its a silly one but its very urgent requirement…
i have a list report and the output format is EXCEL, now i need to show the excel output in alternative rows ie, if suppose my output contain 50 rows, i have to display it in 100 rows (alternate blank rows). [color=red]
i worked on CRYSTAL REPORTS XI, and i’m very sure that we can solve this using crystal reports, but i need this requirement solved using COGNOS… [/color]

so guys have a ciggie… 8) think well and try to solve this…

thanks and regards.
karthi…

Silly requet indeed… ???

i am wondering “what is the purpose of such report?”

how must the report be formatted, like this?

data

data

its not at all a silly one… :frowning:
the user wants to hard code some comments after each row… more over the report output does not exceed 20 rows for my report.

[quote=“CognosGuru, post:2, topic:413”]Silly requet indeed… ???

i am wondering “what is the purpose of such report?”

how must the report be formatted, like this?

data

data

exactly!![/quote]

Drop a table in the cell of the list by two rows and format the list cell as well as table cell by applying white border.Hope it helps.

Hi karthi,

you can achive this by doing below thing.

after creating the list report select list column body then click on unlock and then insert the 2 row table in to the list column body and drag the dataitem into first row of the table
then execute the report automatically you will get the one empty row between the data rows.

Thanks,
Sasi

[quote=“karthi, post:1, topic:413”]hi guys,
i’m here again with another requirement, please don’t think that its a silly one but its very urgent requirement…
i have a list report and the output format is EXCEL, now i need to show the excel output in alternative rows ie, if suppose my output contain 50 rows, i have to display it in 100 rows (alternate blank rows). [color=red]
i worked on CRYSTAL REPORTS XI, and i’m very sure that we can solve this using crystal reports, but i need this requirement solved using COGNOS… [/color]

so guys have a ciggie… 8) think well and try to solve this…

thanks and regards.
karthi…[/quote]