Improve Trasformer performance

Hello everybody,
I’m trying to find a way to reduce the total time to create a time-base partioned cube.
Anyone can suggest a solution about the following crazy idea:
If i have a model that builts a time-based partioned cube on 12 months, as you know, I’ll find at the end of the job 14 files (12 childs cubes, the main cube and 1 vcd) .
This job takes a lot of time and I’d like to reduce it.
I’would like to create 12 cubes (one for any month) by 12 parallel processes and to find a way to built the 13th main cube by a separate process (about the vcd there’s no problem).
If I found the way I could say “Bingoo” because I can reduce a job from 24 hours in 2 hours.

Maybe someone out there has the solution.
thanks

won’t work, transformer is a single threaded application, so the cubes are build sequential. :’(

you should look at other things like:

prepare aggreated data, which transformer reads -> is quicker
if the database is oracle there are some fetch rows options to read the data much quicker

[quote=“CognosGuru, post:2, topic:536”]won’t work, transformer is a single threaded application, so the cubes are build sequential. :’(

you should look at other things like:

prepare aggreated data, which transformer reads -> is quicker
if the database is oracle there are some fetch rows options to read the data much quicker[/quote]

Thank’s for the reply.
A

Want to improve performance?

Read this:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data/library/cognos/page354.html

And you can try tweaking the performance params in the cogtr.xml:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/cbi/v10r1m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.swg.im.cognos.ug_cogtr.10.1.0.doc%2Fug_cogtr_id11223UPreferences.html

That’s a link to the C10 docs but the same params exist in 8.4+. See the section near the bottom titled “PowerCube Build Performance”.

Offcourse the transformer tuning is important, but the way i do it is as follows:

Partition the database, contact your DBA to partition the data using the time dimension, u will see the difference when u create the cube.