How to display total number of pages for a html output?

hi gurus,
i have a requirement, i need to display the total number of pages for my html output in the 1st page of the html o/p, i know the procedure to display the total number of pages in the pdf format, but its the html output…

thanks in adv…
karthi…

i’m not sure if that is possible…

with cognos viewer, only the first page is generated of the report. Cognos does not know how large report finnaly wil be. Only when the complete query is executed and formatted like PDF, the total number of pages is known. But i suppose that if you generate and save a html report the total page number will be shown.

i tried with grouping, running count, and showing 20 recs per page, and some caliculations… but still i can’t able to show the total pages, i just need the total number of pages only in the first page of my report… any tips to solve this requirement…

[quote=“CognosGuru, post:2, topic:411”]i’m not sure if that is possible…

with cognos viewer, only the first page is generated of the report. Cognos does not know how large report finnaly wil be. Only when the complete query is executed and formatted like PDF, the total number of pages is known. But i suppose that if you generate and save a html report the total page number will be shown.[/quote]

If your output is HTML then you cannot get the total page in the output as its unknown, the Page x of y functionality is only applicable if the output is PDF or XLS