Cognos Controller FAP version 8.5.1
When doing a IP (initial publish) for datamart in FAP get error “Could not login to TM1, host …. Server name: …. User name: …
If you have the mouse pointer over the error message a screen tip will say
C8ITKShared (Not found in java.library.path)
You may find a FAPFatalErrorlog file in the FAP folder with this line;
Tue Mar 22 14:24:05 CET 2011 - Fatal error when starting or running FAPService. <Throwable> com.cognos.ccf.c8itk.ITKProxySession (initialization failure)
FAP service can not find the TM1 dll files on the server. You need to add the path to the BIN folder to the PATH variable.
Installing the TM1 Client (Optional)
This step is required when the Financial Analytics Publisher service and the TM1 application server
reside on different servers.
The TM1 client includes the dll files that are required for the Financial Analytics Publisher server
and the client to communicate with the TM1 server.
Steps to Add a Path for the TM1 Client System Variables
1. In Windows Explorer, right-click on My Computer, and select Properties.
2. Go to the Advanced tab.
3. Click Environment Variables.
4. Under System Variables, select Path, and click Edit.
5. Copy the path to the TM1\bin directory on your client, and paste it in at the end of the shown
6. Click OK to all dialog boxes that follow.