DPR-GTY-5004 Communication failed while attempting to forward the request

Hi,

Last week we have an issue in our SIT environment related to dispatchers and when we execute any reports or validate Data Source SIGNON or I tried to edit the sign-on everytime we are getting an error

“DPR-GTY-5004 Communication failed while attempting to forward the request to the dispatcher.This may be due to dispatcher failover: Please try again.”.
We have 3 dispatchers in our SIT and we came to know that the CSK keys of our Secondary and Teritiary dispatchers were expired so that may be the reason we are facing this issue.

We successfully recreated the CSK keys for these 2 servers and checked that all our dispatchers are running fine we even validated the dispatchers and checked at SERVER ADMINISTRATION aswell all works fine.

2.The problem is, I’ve never been able to save the sign-on when I edit the ID and password! Each time I try to put in the correct password I get the following error:
“DPR-GTY-5004 Communication failed while attempting to forward the request to the dispatcher.This may be due to dispatcher failover: Please try again.”.

Can someone help me in sorting out the issue.

Regards,
Abhishek

Tell me more about your environment

OS
single/multi server
Cognos version
fixpacks
tomcat or websphere?

Hi,
We have the following environments.

OS- Windows Server 2003 Enterprice edition SP2(On which cognos is installed.)
single/multi server - Multi Server as we have 3 dispatchers installed.
Cognos version - Cognos 8.2
fixpacks ?
tomcat or websphere? - Bea Weblogic 9.1 is the application server.

Could you please help on this all the dispatchers are running fine and we already regernerated the CSK keys in all our disptachers but I’ve never been able to save the sign-on when I edit the ID and password! Each time I try to put in the correct password I get the following error:

[quote=“Abhishek Dubey, post:1, topic:579”]We have 3 dispatchers in our SIT and we came to know that the CSK keys of our Secondary and Teritiary dispatchers were expired so that may be the reason we are facing this issue.

We successfully recreated the CSK keys for these 2 servers and checked that all our dispatchers are running fine we even validated the dispatchers and checked at SERVER ADMINISTRATION aswell all works fine.[/quote]

regenerate the crypto keys from scratch for ALL servers. Starting with the primary CM.

i had the same idea

Note: all passwordds in your config.xml are encrypted with the current set of encryption keys.
If you delete all encryption keys, you must provide all passwords in all configuration manager tool on all servers.

Tip: make an export of your config first, before you delete all encryption keys

Hi,

I have already regenerated the encryption keys in servers but still this problem persist its shows same error while selecting any data source connections.

Any Idea!!!

Thanks
Abhishek

then i looks like a configuration issue to me

can you provide the urls in the configuration manager of every server to us?
just copy and paste the url from the configuration manager.

btw: Are all the cognos service(s) on every server running under a domain system account which is a member of the group “local administrators” on every cognos server?