DPR-ERR-2002 Unable to execute the request

I’m getting this error very frequently; and I’m looking for a permanent resolution to stop this error.

DPR-ERR-2002 Unable to execute the request because there were no connections to the process available within the configured time limit.

For a few times, I used IBM recommended steps to remove cogstartup.xml, remove three key directories in /configuration folder, and restart the configuration. Every time it works fine but after a while this error comes back again.

Anybody ever faced this situation and had a handle on a permanent fix?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

when do you see this error?
when you are trying to execute a report?
If so what kind of database? SQL, Oracle, DB2…

When i see the error:

DPR-ERR-2002 Unable to execute the request because there were no connections to the process available within the configured time limit.

it looks like a datasource connection issue to me. The startup.xml will not fix this i think…

I see this error while trying to save a report after some modifications or while running a report or even when opening a report. My database is Oracle 10g.

A blogger in cognoise.com has posted this link as an answer to this issue. But I fear just increasing this queue time limit will not permanently solve it.

http://bicentre.blogspot.com/2007/10/cognos-8-server-optimization-queue.html

thanks
kavsoo