Define Contents - Tuple function not working?

Hi To all again,

1- I have this report that is made of a crossTab

2- One of the columns is in fact a Data Item calculating a certain expressions

3- That Data Item works fine, the thing is that it is displaying the result on all of the others lines as well but i only need the result for the FIRST line. So i DEFINE CONTENT for all of the cells i don’t want to display that same information.

4- Only, i need to have another calculation on the SECOND LINE for that same column, for this i DEFINE content and decide to “Override Default Text” and then in the SOURCE TYPE propertie, i change it to “Report Expression” for that specific cell.

5- I try to use the TUPLE function but generates an error message. I also cannot see the TUPLE function listed under the FUNCTIONS tab of the “Report Expression” window.

I then tried to put the following expression (1-1) for testing only and this worked as expected and display 0 :
I mean this expression inside the cell i have decide to “DEFINE CONTENT” works, but when i try to use more complex expressions like using the TUPLe function it does not work ???

QUESTION:
Is it normal that the TUPLE function is not supported in this DEFINE CONTENT context ?

Thanks !

Which version are you using?

tuple syntax has been changed from 8.2. Some tuple functions do not work anymore after the upgrade.

Hi,

1- I am using Report Studio 8.4

2- I use the following expression in 3 other Data Items in my report and it is working:
tuple ( [CURRENT PERIOD]; [Sales] ) - tuple ( [PREV YEAR CURRENT PERIOD] ; [Sales] )

3- The thing that i am using the same logic but with 3 other Data Items that i am trying to then insert in specific cells of my crossTab and that is not working.

:’(

Thanks !

I have found it safer to use singletons for exceptions like these.

1. define content
  2. unlock the crosstab
    3 drag a singleton into your cell on row 2
  3. let the singleton use another query. Means you have to copy slicer etc.