What are good DB2 Cognos Content Store settings to begin with? Depending on the size of the content store and content some setting may be doubled in the future
1. Make sure that DB2CODE was set to UTF-8 for the DB2 database.
2. Check if the database is Unicode by typing the following command at the command prompt:
DB2 get database configuration for database_name. The codepage is Unicode if it has a value of 1208.
3. If the codepage is not Unicode, create a database that has a codepage value of 1208.
4. Ensure that you set the following configuration parameters. It is recommended that you set the Lock Timeout configuration parameter to a reasonably long timeout value, such as four minutes or 240 seconds. Do not set this setting to an infinite timeout value.
5. Create a buffer pool with a page size of 16k.
6. Create a system temporary tablespace with a page size of 16k.
7. Create a user temporary tablespace with a page size of 4k. Global temporary tables will be created in the user temporary tablespace.
8. Create a regular user tablespace with a page size of 4k.
9. Determine which user account IBM Cognos 8 will use to access the content store.
- Application heap size (applheapsz): 1024k
- Lock Timeout: 4 min. (or 240 sec.)
10. Grant create and drop table privileges on the content store to the user account.
Ensure that the user account has CREATETAB, CONNECT and IMPLICITSCHEMA privileges for the content store.
Ensure that the user account has USE privileges for the USER TEMPORARY tablespace and other appropriate tablespaces associated with the content store.