Creating Extract problem

Hi,

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. I have in Metric Designer 3 metric package references. All pick up the metric studio areas I’m referencing correctly. When I create a New Metrics Extract, I choose the import source (and this package works correctly). When I come to Create Extract - Scorecard Mapping, I can choose the Parent scorecard that I want. However, I’m not sure how to map the data to the particular metric I want. I don’t want to create a new one, I just want to put data to a metric already there.

Any ideas? I’m not sure what I’m missing.

Thanks,

Vic

Hi Vic,

Can you please send a screenshot to clarify this more for me? ::slight_smile:

I created metric extract from metric designer with timestamp only at month level in time hierarchy, executed the metric extract successfully to move data from FM relational package source to staging area, then ran the job successfully on Cognos Connection to move data from staging to metric store.

I only see the scorecard names, metric type name defined in the extract but do not see the actual(amount column from FM pkg), target(amount column * 1.4) and tolerance(0.02) numbers I have defined in the metric extract.

Can anyone tell me the reason for it? or some steps how to see the numbers for the metric extract in metric studio?

I am using cognos 10.1 version, i do not have access to staging tables or metric store.