Content Manager HTTP request timeout

Hi all,

I’m attempting my first distributed Cognos 8.4 install on Centos 5.4 x86_64 ( Gateway, Application Server and Content Store on separate servers ) using db2 express C V9.5 for the Content store ( which we use on our current production system ).

I have installed the Content Manager and every thing seems to start OK, I can connect to host:9300/p2pd/servlet, which looks fine.

However I’m getting the following error when I start it up.

10:24:47, CM-REQ-4296 An HTTP request to the connector “{connector}” timed out.

From the Cogserver.log

127.0.0.1:9300 3440 2010-07-28 10:54:38.281 +0 Election_SESS Election_REQ Thread-16 CM 2519 1 Audit.cms.CM StartService Warning CM-REQ-4296 An HTTP request to the connector “{connector}” timed out.

I’ve check this thread ( the only one I can find with this error message ) which was resolved by changing the Oracle drivers, but db2 only comes with the db2jcc.jar ( for type 2 connections ).

http://www.cogknowhow.com/forum/index.php?topic=126.0

Any help would be greatly appreciated…

For both type 2 and type 4 JDBC connectivity, however, you must copy the new universal driver, db2jcc.jar, and the accompanying license file, db2jcc_license_*.jar, to your IBM Cognos 8 installation location

try this:

Copy the db2jcc.jar and db2jss_license_*.jar from the vendors_location/jdbc/ directory to the Cognos 8_location/webapps/p2pd/WEB-INF/lib directory.