Cognos 8.4.1 and Maximo 7.1.1.6 Integration

Hi,

I have a big problem about integration. In IBM installation guide, there is an info like that " add the following jar files to the server classpath entry in the setDomainenv.cmd file that corresponds to Maximo’s BEA domain." There are 7 jar name. I found them and copy them to C:\bea\weblogic92\server\lib and C:\bea\user_projects\domains\MAXIMOSERVER\lib. But I did not any change on setDomainenv.cmd. How can I configure this cmd file. What is the mean of " ad the following jar files to the server classpath entry in the setDomainenv.cmd file ". I could not understand. which variable must be updated? :-\

Help me please in this subject. :’(

in the setDomainenv.cmd there sould be a variable called CLASSPATH

it contains something like this:
set JAR_DIR=…\webapps\p2pd\WEB-INF\lib
set classpath=%JAR_DIR%\ojdbc5.jar;%JAR_DIR%\jsqlconnect.jar;%JAR_DIR%\db2java.jar;%JAR_DIR%\CognosCCL4J.jar;%JAR_DIR%\CognosCMM.jar

The 7 jar files (cognos-axis.jar, cognosClient.jar, commons-logging.jar, commons-discovery.jar, xercesImpl.jar,xalan.jar,log4j-1.2.13.jar ), must be added to this classpath variable. After adding the jarfiles, save the file and restart the application server.

I configure classpath as
setCLASSPATH=%PRE_CLASSPATH%;%WEBLOGIC_CLASSPATH%;%POST_CLASSPATH%;%WLP_POST_CLASSPATH%;%JAR_DIR%\ojdbc5.jar;%JAR_DIR%\jsqlconnect.jar;%JAR_DIR%\db2java.jar;%JAR_DIR%\CognosCCL4J.jar;%JAR_DIR%\CognosCMM.jar;%JAR_DIR%\cognos-axis.jar;%JAR_DIR%\cognosClient.jar;%JAR_DIR%\commons-discovery.jar;%JAR_DIR%\commons-logging.jar;%JAR_DIR%\log4j-1.2.13.jar;%JAR_DIR%\xalan.jar;%JAR_DIR%\xercesImpl.jar

but I take an error like : " BMXAA7407E - The object structure cannot be published because a connection to the Cognos server cannot be established. CM-REQ-4342 An error occurred with the client."

I follow integration steps as follow;

I will explain a brief about maximo and cognos integration steps which I have done. I have installed Cognos to my personel computer(Windows XP) to C:\Program Files\Cognos. Maximo installed a server(Microsoft Server 2003). And Maximo database installed another database(mic. Server 2003). Cognos content database and framework manager installed to my PC too. Maximo and Cognos are work fine separately. While integration steps;
- I configure and copy mxcognosdatasources.properties file to C:\Program Files\cognos\c8\configuration(to My PC) as:

maximoDataSource.url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@192.168.2.30:1521:orcl (Maximo database path)
	maximoDataSource.driver=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
	maximoDataSource.username=MAXIMO	(Maximo database username)
	maximoDataSource.password=MAXIMO	(Maximo database user password)
	maximoDataSource.schemaowner=MAXIMO	(Maximo schemaowner)

-Then, I copy CAM_AAA_MXCSP.jar file to C:\Program Files\cognos\c8\webapps\p2pd\WEB-INF\lib (to My PC)
- I copy oraclethin.jar file (from server where Maximo is in.) to C:\Program Files\cognos\c8\webapps\p2pd\WEB-INF\lib (to My PC)
- I copy report image files to C:\Program Files\cognos\c8\webcontent\tivoli\tcr_common\images(to My PC)
- I create two namespace in my PC where Cognos is in. NTLM type with NTLM name for Authentication, Custom Java Provider with name maximo for Authorization.
- This step for Configuration Maximo Properties in Maximo System Property Application:
	mxe.report.cognos.serverURL as " http://192.168.2.82:80/cognos8/cgi-bin/cognos.cgi "(192.168.2.82 is my computer IP)
	mxe.report.cognos.namespace as "maximo"
	mxe.report.cognos.namespace "OR" (for ORACLE)
	mxe.report.cognos.namespace is empty
	mxe.report.cognos.db.schemaName "MAXIMO" 
	mxe.report.cognos.datasource "ORCL" (content manager database instance name)
	mxe.report.cognos.content.store.package.location  as "PUBLISH" (I create a folder in Cognos for report packages which name is PUBLISH)
- After all these steps, I can enter from Maximo to Cognos by using Administration->Report Administration->Launch Cognos Administration
- When I enter cognos from Maximo, I click Cognos Administration. I add a new Data Source Icon.
- Name: ORCL, Type: ORACLE, connection String : ORCL1  username: MAXIMO, password: MAXIMO. When I test it, Connection to Maximo database is successful. (All these info is belong to Maximo Database.)
- After that configure Cognos SDK for Metadata step, I copy jar files blew to C:\bea\user_projects\domains\MAXIMOSERVER\lib (Maximo Server PC. I use weblogic),
	Cognos-axis.jar
	cognosClient.jar
	commons-logging.jar
	commons-discovery.jar
	xercesImpl.jar
	xalan.jar
	log4j-1.2.13.jar
- Finally Set end point properties. I use mxcognos properties from Maximo->Integration->End Points. I enter properties as below,
	CONTENT_STORE_PACKAGE_LOCATION as "PUBLUSH"
	DATA_SOURCE_NAME  as " ORCL "
	NAMESPACE_ID as "NTLM"
	NAMESPACE_ID as "abaykan"
	PROJECT_BASE_DIR as " C:\Program Files\cognos\c8\My Projects\METADATA " (This path is from my pc where cognos installed in)
	URL as " http://192.168.2.82:9300/p2pd/servlet/dispatch "
	USERNAME as " administrator "	

After all these steps, I want to publish a package for Cognos from Maximo->Integration-> Object Structure. I filter rep_person object and select action -> Publish as Cognos Package. I take this error:

" BMXAA7407E - The object structure cannot be published because a connection to the Cognos server cannot be established. CM-REQ-4342 An error occurred with the client. "

I search this error in internet and IBM forums but I could not find. Can you please help me?

Looks like a security issue to me… :-\ The user publishing the ROS is most likely not listed as a user on the local OS.

I don’t like NTLM on multi server environments… gave me simular issues in the past. Which were solved with a AD LDAP authentication source.

so the Cognos portal is working fine?
http://192.168.2.82:80/cognos8/cgi-bin/cognos.cgi -> you can login with the NTLM account? Does this NTLM account have sufficient permissions on the Cognos AND Maximo servers? Make sure the user have sufficient permissions to publish a package. try for example to publish a transformer or framework package.

Ensure the user listed in the End Points configuration is also listed as an OS user for the machine where the temporary package location resides.

http://192.168.2.82:80/cognos8/cgi-bin/cognos.cgi is wotking fine. I can login NTLM acoount to cognos.

In the maximo side, there is no cognos or content manager. It is only Maximo on the Server.

"Does this NTLM account have sufficient permissions on the Cognos AND Maximo servers? " I could not understand, how can I find permissions on my loca and server?

“Ensure the user listed in the End Points configuration is also listed as an OS user for the machine where the temporary package location resides.” In end points configuration I use mycomputer’s administrator name.

Can you help me please? :-[

i think MartijnC meant this:

You have a permission issue with the NTLM user. The NTLM user must have sufficient permission on BOTH servers. It looks like the NTLM user on the Cognos server is not known on the MAXIMO server.
So when you start the publish, which user account is used. Does this user have sufficient or any permissions at all? Probably not. Cognos does not recognize the user from the MAXIMO server and you get limited access with write permissions or no access at all, which results in publish errors.

I’m not very familiar with NTLM on multi server environments, but when you use a AD in a domain, and you have a windows useraccount ie. Cognos.
Make this windows account member on both servers of the windows group ‘administrators’. Use this account also to start the Cognos service and the MAXIMO services on the servers. restart the all the services and retry.

Hi,

I changed my cognos pc. I install cognos on MS Server 2003 with LDAP integration. But I have same error

BMXAA7407E - The object structure cannot be published because a connection to the Cognos server cannot be established.
CM-REQ-4342 An error occurred with the client.

should i create same user on maximo database? why i take this error? :-[ :’(

you have 2 servers and a LDAP

1.Add the LDAP as authentication source to your Cognos environment with Cognos configuration manager
2. create a user in the LDAP lets say "Cognos"
3. log in on the Cognos server and add the LDAP user to the local administrators role. AND use this Cognos account to start the “IBM Cognos 8” service. (restart the service)
4. login to the maximo server and add the LDAP user to the local administrators role. Perhaps add the Cognos user also to the Maximo service. :-\

Try to publish again

Thanks for replay,

I install active directory to Maximo Server. I added cognos user with same password. But I take same error. :(. ???

I could not understand why i take this error. I will install cognos to Maximo server. I will try it :frowning: >:(