CM-REQ-4314 An error occurred during an import operation

while importing in cognos8.4.1 i am getting the below error.

CM-REQ-4314 An error occurred during an import operation. null Runtime Exception stack trace: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method) at java.util.zip.ZipFile.(ZipFile.java:203) at java.util.zip.ZipFile.(ZipFile.java:234) at com.cognos.cm.util.MultiVolumeZipFile.(MultiVolumeZipFile.java:175) at com.cognos.cm.util.CMDeploymentArchive.open(CMDeploymentArchive.java:121) at com.cognos.cm.util.CMDeploymentArchive.(CMDeploymentArchive.java:109) at com.cognos.cm.request.importRequest.doAction(importRequest.java:514) at com.cognos.cm.request.Deployment.handle(Deployment.java:1975) at com.cognos.cm.request.contentManagerService.v1.AsyncImport.doAsyncRequest(AsyncImport.java:229) at com.cognos.cm.util.AsyncThreadPool$RunRequestTask.run(AsyncThreadPool.java:91) at EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595) /
CM-SYS-5001 A Content Manager internal error occurred

at first sight it looks like a memory shortage issue (java.lang.OutOfMemoryError )

Check the following things:
How much GB of memory does your server have? and how many MB of memory is assigned to the JVM in Cognos Configuration?
How big is the import zip file? You can increase the allocated memory to max 1.5 GB, then save and restart the Cognos 8 service.

Watch your BiBus and Java memory usage. Make sure it does not exceed 2GB. Unless you are running 64 bit JVM.

Also, get FP4. It resolved a crap load of issues for me and my clients.