Error logging into Cognos Connection CM-REQ-4159 for some users
Symptom CM-REQ-4159 Content Manager has returned an error in the response header.
Some users can not loging
There are many potential causes for a CM-REQ-4159 error. But often it is caused by the end user’s Cognos 8 BI Reporting Service user profile (located in the content store) is invalid/corrupted.
This is located on the application server, in the installation directory D:\Program Files\cognos\c8\logs\cogserver.log you find something like:
- Cognos User:g:284adf7539cccef63426198efd234add") | CAMID(“Active Directory - Cognos User:u:907ce71936acde24111048259c6dda”) ) Warning CM-REQ-4036 The object already exists at this location.
Audit.cms.CM QUERY membership( CAMID(“Active Directory - Cognos User”) | CAMID(“Active Directory - Cognos User:g:0c76ad899a8d1140a2e43867c4c8a310”) | CAMID("Active Directory - Cognos <…>
Recreate the Cognos 8 profile for the corrupt user profile
- Launch Cognos Connection (http://servername/cognos8)
- Logon as a Cognos 8 BI ‘system Administrator’ or ‘Directory Administrator’
- Inside ‘IBM Cognos Administration’, choose the ‘Security’ Tab
- Open the external authentication namespace. Note: This will NOT be the built-in ‘Cognos’ namespace!
- Select “Tools” then “Directory”
- Navigate to locate the corrupt end user profile. Click on the magnifying glass icon in the upper right hand corner to search the user.
- Once you have located the username, select “Set properties” icon for the user.
- Click on the hyperlink word ‘More’ to the far right of the corrupt user profile line
- Click ‘Delete this user’s profile’
- Ask the owner of the user profile to logon in Cognos connection and test.